Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cyborg is not so bad.

So I am home. I can't write a lot because I can't sit here a lot. But I have been in Charlotte where Dr. Craig VanDerVeer operated on me and preformed a 3-level anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF). Given that it was a surgery, it was all in all a wonderful experience. I felt totally at ease and in the best care. There was no "fretting" over me. It was obvious that all these professional people had done this type of procedure before. That was reassuring.

My anesthesiologist was from the UK. I had nurses, male and female, from all over the world. Dr. VanDerVeer is an American.

My revolutionary moment was watching old movies on AMC. Red Skelton was in everyone of them. The first one was of him dreaming about being Louis XV and the beginnings of the French revolution. After the American Revolution, at least two other revolutions following in Europe, the French and the Irish. The French revolution unfolded more or less successfully. The first Irish Revolution was not successful. Cornwallis was back and had learned a lesson in the US. It took until the beginning of the 20th century for Ireland to create its own government.

I expect to watch a lot of movies over the next 10 days. Then over the next six weeks, I will finish wearing this lovely collar.

NASCAR went to the White House this week. Our Lowe's driver, Jimmie Johnson was there.

No comments: