Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My next horse will be electric..

I've been on the road to Raleigh again this week. My patient is doing well. I'm catching up briefly and then I must be all over the road in Elkin.  I am wishing for the electric car here in Elkin. We have the perfect town for it.

I want to tell you about this opportunity coming up at NCSU for those of you interested in transportation. I found out about it when I was still designing at True, but before I signed up, The World Turned Upside Down. However, now it looks like I'm going to the Electrifying Transportation Conference and I want to meet Daniel Sperling and see the new Chevy Volt.( GM should have bought True Textiles when they had that project on the board and they would not have been in the trouble they are in...;-) My opinion only.) Still I want to see it.  

By the way, if you're on the trail back west from Raleigh and haven't discovered this, note you can take I-85 just about where Replacements, Ltd  is located and skip around Greensboro to pop out on 40 West. This is not marked yet, but is very easy and takes 10 minutes off my travel time.  Replacements is a sight to see all by itself. Glorious china patterns, ceramic collectables and A LOT of them!  You can find everything there and it is a beautiful environment to explore. Take the tour.

Greensboro named for General Greene is Revolution central in NC literally.   If you get a chance to hear the fife and drum corp of Guilford Courthouse, ask them to play Yankee Doodle and sing about the Race to the Dan where Greene gave Cornwallis so many "Victories" he finally lost the war. After that, see if they know The World Turned Upside Down.
 

No comments: