Friday, September 4, 2009

I've got to stop this and go to work... but... hear this!

I have to share this with you because I've been using this list for marketing fabrics for about 10 years. It is the thinking patterns of freshmen entering college. It was developed to remind professors who they are teaching. It is the Benoit college Mindset List.

I'm listening to this lecture from cultural resources by the marketers from Yankelovich, Inc. about trends in American/North Carolina culture. It's a couple of years old, BUT it is still relavent. Our markets are changing in a tremendous way. It starts a little like a speech, but it's got me now... Look on the bottom of the page and click on J. Walker Smith.

It's kind of like PJ reminding me we can use hulu to watch TV. Do we have to pay for satellite TV? Especially if all we watch is the news and the news is only talking heads saying the same thing over and over again and saying it with that stressed-out tone of voice. If our TV finally dies, he doesn't care about High definition, he says we can just use the computer. If he wants high def, he will attend the ball game.

No comments: