Friday, April 24, 2009

Merlefest

RG and I had the good fortune to share the evening meal with Greg Deering, creator of Deering Banjo company. What a story he has to tell of how that business grew from his passion and his dad's fine craft instruction. His wife also had a dad who was an aeronautical engineer. So art and science mingle and progress is born. The banjos are great.

RG reminded him of Thomas Jefferson's comment about the banjo and banjo players which I must look up.
He plays this morning so we are off the Merlefest. I'll be back with photos and look up Jefferson's quote late tonight.

See.... the revolution continues to guide and direct us. Go Tommy J.!!

PS- don't forget to post your Rev. War stories to the NPS website. ANd please forward my link to everyone you know who might be interested http://southerncampaigninnc.blogspot.com. AND lastly, comment and share with me too!

No comments: